Current Consumer Trends in the United Kingdom
Here at Ransom Naturals, we always keep up to date with the UK and World’s food and beverage trends. We believe adapting to these is key in order to stay or become a market leader. Many of our extracts support these trends, contact us to know more!
1. Clean and Clear Label: Consumers are looking for less ingredients in their beverage labels. Shortlisting is becoming the norm, usually on the front of pack too.
2. Familiar Ingredients: All ingredients need to be recognized not as ‘industry standard’ but from the perspective of a consumer. This exposes the product in a positive way.
3. Marketing Natural: Not only using natural ingredients but branding and sub-branding based on natural themes or words that have an emotional pull. Highlighting natural ingredients also is associated with healthfulness.
4. Natural Colours and Flavours: Natural ingredients are now the standard, not only for flavours but also for colours.
5. Hedgerow Harvest and Foraging: Sourcing flavour ingredients that represent naturalness and ‘summer walks’, from trustworthy sources. Elderberries, Rosehips, Blackberries, Hawthorn Berries and Elderflowers, most with a particular fruit taste and the human connection of harvesting. All of which are in Ransom Naturals extracts portfolio.
Here are some trending botanicals and their related uses:
1. Brain Health: Ginger, Ginkgo Biloba, Ginseng and Cinnamon traditionally used and associated with brain health.
2. Heart Health: Garlic, Cinnamon, Ginger, Turmeric and Annato associated with keeping a healthy heart.
3. Energy and Stamina: Ginseng, Guarana, Ginger and Maca root traditionally used to boost stamina.
4. Immune Health: Ginger, Elderberry, Echinacea and Ginseng traditionally used to boost immune system.
5.Digestive Health: Ginger, Milk Thistle, Fennel Seed and Chamomile associated with better digestion.